I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Monday, 26 September 2011

Welcome to the Cottage

Just before traveling to Ontario in August, Brittney and I moved into our new apartment. We've been here for only two months and we already like it better than our last place. One of the main reasons it is so much better is because we don't feel like we are walking around on eggshells. Our last apartment was pristine--so much so that we cringed every time we dropped something on the floor or put a little dent in the wall. This place is anything but pristine. It is old, quirky and rustic. It feels like an old cottage. So... that is what I call it.

Calling our new place a cottage instantly makes me feel good about this place and it also helps me look past the deficiencies. Some of the deficiencies include: slanting floors, zero storage space, no outlet in the bathroom (I trim my beard on the back porch), and low doorways (I can already feel my head hurting). But since all these quirks are just what you'd expect to find in a cottage, I don't mind them at all. Here are some pictures.



Another reason we enjoy our new place is because it is situated right next to the Galloping Goose. The Galloping Goose is an old railway that the city converted to a bike path. It is paved, well maintained, and it will take us almost everywhere we need to go.


All this is to say... We like our new place.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your place to Dave and Brittney. And your furniture looks really cute in it too!!

    ReplyDelete