I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Saturday, 10 September 2011

Meet Jake.


This is the latest addition to our household. He's name is Jake, and I'm thrilled to call him my own.
For a few months now, I've been riding my bike a lot more than I ever have. It's pretty easy to become a cyclist around here. There are lots of bike lanes on the streets. (That's a bit of an exaggeration. There are some.) There are excellent biking paths. (That's not an exaggeration. There really are excellent paths.) And a lot of people ride. (So I get lots of encouragement.) The weather can be a deterrent, but it's summer now. The hills can also be a deterrent, but the more I do it, the less I freak when I'm half-way up a hill and my quads are burning like fire.

The bike I've had has been really good, but according to my super-cyclist husband, not quite good enough. The more I've biked, the more Dave has been determined to find me something better.

Two days ago, he found Jake. An ad popped up on the "Used Victoria" website... and the rest is history. Welcome home, Jake! I love you already!

p.s. About the colour. Are you surprised? Those who know me well know that I tend toward neutrals. I love greys, browns, blacks, beiges, creams. Jake is clearly on the opposite side of the spectrum. He's bold and bright... and even eccentric. But besides the neon orange, everything about him is so perfect! We just couldn't let the opportunity pass us by. Plus, I think owning something a little flashier might even be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment