I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Healthy, happy baby

Today Joseph and I went to our last appointment with our midwife, and it was kind of wonderful.  In a way it felt like we'd reached a milestone.  Nearly 8 weeks have come and gone.  My newborn is not really a newborn anymore.  Time for the family doc. to take over our care. 

Michelle took Joseph's measurements for one last time, and I beamed.  He's put on a few pounds since birth.  He's grown a few inches.  He's an all-around healthy kid.  I celebrated the occasion by trucking him to a coffee shop after leaving the clinic.  While he snoozed in the car seat, I treated myself to a coffee, a muffin, and 45 minutes of perusing the Globe and Mail. 

Not only is Joseph healthy, but I get the sense he's happy.  He's content.  He's relaxed.  He's someone who seems to enjoy his life.  He does well hanging out on his own during the day, loving to look at things and suck on his soother.  He does well swaddled up at night, sleeping for long periods and dreaming about whatever babies dream about.  A mother of two older babies pushed her stroller by us at the coffee shop, took one look at Joseph, and sighed.  "Enjoy it while you can." 

"I will," I told her.  "I mean... I am."




No comments:

Post a Comment