I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

I'm so excited!

On Wednesday morning Dave, Joseph, and I will be heading for Ontario.  Let me tell you - I AM EXCITED.  I'm so excited that even though it's only Monday night, I'm mostly packed.  Jeans and a hoodie for the plane:  check!  Bridesmaid dress for the wedding: check!  Bathing suit for the beach: check!  Shorts, tanktops, and flipflops for everything else:  check!

Since moving out of the house and going to school, I've always enjoyed returning home to spend time with family.  Early on in my Calvin days, before having a car of my own, I'd catch a ride home with other students that were attempting to make their way back over the border for a long weekend.  No matter how smooshed I felt between books and bags and backpacks, I didn't batt an eye about paying my share for gas to have a seat in the car.  Because I knew that as soon as I'd get home I'd be stretched out on the coach, drinking wine, eating guacamole, and chatting with my parents late into the evening about classes, friends, and boys.   Always, always Mom would make my favourite foods.  Always, always Dad would take me out for coffee.  Always, always Jordan and Dylan would at least be around long enough to dish out some brotherly affection.  (Have you ever had a hug from one of my brothers?  They are awesome.)  These things combined to make visits home a wonderful, wonderful thing.

And soon I get to experience it again.

We went to Ontario last summer, and it was pretty great.  Wine, guacamole, coffee dates, and brotherly-bear-hugs aside, it had only been 6 months since we had moved to Victoria, and it was a real treat to do some face-to-face processing with loved ones about what the move had been like.  I'm expecting this time around to be pretty great too.  Only this time around, I'm not just bringing my thoughts and experiences home with me.  I'M BRINGING A BABY.  A beautiful baby, I might add.  A baby who will finally get to meet his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Like I said, I'm so excited.

Because a blog post doesn't feel complete anymore without pictures of said-baby, here are some recent shots of the little guy.  For those of you who haven't seen him in person yet, just think!  Only a few more days.



No comments:

Post a Comment