I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Sunday, 4 December 2011

Highlights

I just downloaded some new photos into iPhoto and realized that I had a number of albums in there that I haven't shared yet. I had a long nap today and am not ready for bed yet, so before my good intentions disappear into a stretch of busy days, here is my long-overdue post on a few highlights from these past several weeks.

Dave went to be with his family in Cambridge when his grandmother died. (Yes, his grandma died too.) He had a great time with family, and loved hanging out with this good-looking crew.
We had a Sunday off shortly after he returned, so we headed west and spent the weekend in Port Renfrew. The drive up was the best. It was windy but sunny, and we stopped at every provincial park and beachfront along the way. The rest of weekend was mostly rainy, but we had umbrellas.
Here's the most recent belly-shot we have. It was taken last week, when I was at the 25 week mark. It's been a very pleasant second trimester. I've never been in so good a mood for such a long period of time. I'm sure it's helped that it's been beautiful here. It's been an amazing Fall in Victoria, and lots of walking (especially by water!) is good for my soul.
Here's a picture from our church's staff Christmas party on Friday night! We ate good food, visited, and played games. Dave got to demonstrate his skill at shooting a rubber band... and thoroughly enjoyed doing so.
And here's a highlight from as recently as today. I got maternity clothes! The office administrator at our church has daughters who have had babies, and one - very unexpectedly - loaned her stash. I love them all and am so, so grateful. Here's the sweater shirt that I intend to be living in for the next few months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment