I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Evidence of Spring

Spring has sprung in the Salverda household. Allow me to share some of the evidence. First, the lovely bouquet of Spring flowers on our kitchen counter. These were handed to me after last Sunday's worship service at our church. Thanks to the fertile imagination and hard work of a few members of our congregation, Victoria CRC's sanctuary was the site of a flower bomb explosion on Easter morning. Everyone got to take some of the beauty and fragrance home with them.
Second, a visit from friends on their Spring Break. Kelli is a teacher who decided to spend her Spring Break visiting the Pacific North-West, Becky decided to take some time off work to tag along, and Maria accompanied them from Vancouver to the Island for the day. I went to university with these lovely ladies, so besides catching up on life in general, we had lots of reminiscing to do.
Um... third: my new Spring shoes. I bought these while showing my friends around downtown. They were on sale, so I couldn't resist. I think they're left over from last Fall's stock, but they're not the hiking boots I usually run around in, so they feel like Spring to me.
Fourth, the handmade garland of Spring-like fabric hanging from the mantle in my living room. It arrived in the mail recently... a precious, precious gift from a far-away friend. I cherish this thing with my whole heart. Have I mentioned yet that I started going to a sewing class? The beginner's project is a pair of pajama pants. If they go well, I may attempt to create something a little more exciting...because this little garland is so inspiring!
Fifth, open windows. Love the fresh air. Can't get enough of it.
Sixth, and finally, the NHL playoffs! We are so thankful for the CBC website right now. We stream games live from their website almost on a daily basis. Go Canucks!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love love love spring! Sounds like you are enjoying it too! I can't wait to catch up and talk about it. I must say...I also LOVE those shoes! They are absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete