I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.
So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.
So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.
Monday, 16 May 2011
Brother-sister love
I titled this post "Brother-sister love" because no other words are appropriate. Joshua and Erin spent time here last week, and the whole time they were here, love was what I felt. In honor of our time together, I want to post a few pictures. We started with a spontaneous trip to Tofino. Right after church on Sunday, tie still tied around his neck, Dave started calling about accommodations. One of the places he called said that they had movies at the desk, so he signed us up. 25 minutes later we were out the door. Although spontaneity tends to stress me out, I am so glad we went. The western coast of Vancouver Island blew me away. We explored the towns, the beaches, and the hiking trails. We sat on the patio, took in the sunset, and carefully watched for migrating whales. (No sightings... but that's okay. Next time.)





Tofino was the most notable part of our time with Josh and Erin, but everything about their visit was good. It helped that they were eager to help cook up dinner and do the dishes. But more than that... they are just easy to be around. We went to work, they relaxed around the house. When we were all home we listened to music or talked or just read books. It felt so good to do regular-everyday-life with a few others.


Here are a few shots from the hike that we took the day before they left. We hiked to the top of Mt. Wells (just outside the city) and had a picnic lunch.


Aren't they a good-looking bunch? *Sigh.* Come back soon, Josh and Erin. I'm always up for some brother-sister love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment