I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Our new home

For those who are curious about what our new home looks like, these photos are for you. Here is what the house looks like from the outside. The landlords live in the basement suite. David and I live on the main level.


Our street, complete with mountains in the distance.

Some itty-bitty flowers blooming in our front yard. Yes, in February.

These ones are called snow-drops. I think they are darling.

This is the entrance. The living room is to the left, the dining room is to the right.


The living room. We are still figuring out how to arrange our furniture and what we want to hang on the walls.


New coach! Well, it's new to us. Friends from church found it for us at a local thrift store.


This hallway comes off the living room and runs behind the dining room. The first door leads to the guest room. The second door leads into the bedroom that Dave and I are in. The bathroom is at the end.

Dining room. We've already had the opportunity to share a few meals with people here. We can't wait to do more of that.


Here's the kitchen. It has lots and lots of counter-space.


I'm not quite sure why Dave chose to skype with a friend here, but my guess is that it has something to do with being close to the fridge.


The view from the kitchen into the rest of the suite.


We don't have access to the backyard, but we do have access to the porch. I'm very excited to use this space once the weather warms up.


Clothesline! Excited to use this, too.

2 comments:

  1. Britt, what a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing your photos!
    Also I can't believe your crocuses are already blooming. You must be feeling spring fever already, while we're still covered in snow!
    Miss you! e

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fabulous!
    i'm jealous of the dining room and the deck...
    perfect for good meals and relaxed times...
    cheers
    joel

    ReplyDelete