I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Saturday, 26 February 2011

"The great snowstorm of 2011."

On Wednesday morning, Dave and I woke up to this. In the spirit of Vancouver Islanders, we are calling it "the great snowstorm of 2011". Because snow is rare here, it's memorable. Countless times we've heard people say things like, "Remember the winter of '96?" or "Remember the snow we got in '03?"

Undoubtedly, a few years down the road, Dave and I will join the chorus and say, "Remember the great snowstorm of 2011? It was amazing!"








Although I wouldn't normally characterize myself as someone who loves the snow, I took full advantage of the circumstances. Early in the morning, we went for a nice, long, peaceful walk.







Poor birdies! There is no way they were expecting this.














Later that evening, we went sledding at Beacon Hill Park.







I couldn't resist snapping a picture of this sled/Cheerios box. When the snow comes, you make use of whatever gear you can find, I guess!

Angels.

Smiles.


Yesterday, Dave and a friend took a bus up to Mt. Washington. This is him at the top of the mountain, happy as can be. He had a really great day.








When he got home he told me, "Jumper-Dave has returned". He proved it to me with this photo. I guess doing ski jumps was something he used to do back in high school.

As someone who finds both high-speeds and height terrifying, I'm relieved that he didn't break anything! It would not do to show up at our classis exams on Tuesday in a body cast.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, look at you keeping up your blog so regularily!! Pictures of the snow are beautiful and enjoyed seeing Dave's ski jump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. Welcome to Victoria and congratulations on the upcoming Installation/Ordination service. We are looking forward to it!!

    Ray and Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Britt (and Dave),

    This is a fun way to keep updated on your lives! Congrats on the Ordination, that is really exciting. I am glad that you are enjoying your time in BC, and the snow looks nice :).

    Love, Becca (and Jeff) Allen

    ReplyDelete