I never thought that I'd have a blog. But I never thought that I'd move across the country either! While there is always email, Facebook, and the telephone, we thought that this would be a great way to foster an ongoing connection with our beloved family and friends.

So, this isn't first and foremost about publishing our thoughts or processing our feelings. This is about sharing - with you - some of the bits and pieces that now make up our life. Read on if you want to stay updated. Read on if you want to stay informed. Most of all, read on if you are willing to pray with us that - in our home, neighborhood, and general day-to-day life - God would be glorified.

Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Dining room table

On Saturday afternoon, some people from church came over and gave us this table. "Welcome to Victoria," they said.

What a gift! Dave and I are in love. Not only is it perfect for us (we love hardy, simple, down-to-earth furniture). Not only is it perfect for our new home (it is exactly the right size for a dining room). But it came at the perfect right time. Up until Saturday, we were feeling pretty down about the settling in process. Because we had tons of unpacked boxes and not nearly enough furniture, the coziness-factor was majorly lacking.

Getting this table changed something for us. We still have some unpacking to do. We still need to find a few more pieces of furniture to fill in our space. But getting this table gave us some hope that - even though the settling in process takes a long, long time - things will come together eventually. To the friends who gave us this gift: thank you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting a blog Brittney and Dave -- I am sad that you guys live so far away but so excited for you to be starting something so new and exciting. Your place looks fantastic! It looks like you guys are doing a great job making it "gezellig"! We should Skype sometime ... we'd love to hear how everything is going and share how good God is!! Crazy that we are actually in churches now right?! Anyways, I have a blog too (my blog, not Josh's!)... check it out: http://ilikemyducksinarow.blogspot.com -- anecdotal mostly. Miss you guys! April all the way in SNOWY Ontario!! (absolutely no flowers daring to poke their heads up yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt and Dave, love the table!! It is much nicer than the one you had and so nicely suits the room. I love your apartment too, it is so cute!!! Love the tiled floor and paint colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are settling in nicely.
    It looks fabulous there.
    Get ready for the parade of visitors
    that are sure to come.
    Take care guys.

    ReplyDelete