Lately I’ve been stealing moments here and there to sort,
edit, and organize our family photos.
We have some wonderful photos from this past summer, so I’m stealing
another moment to post them on the blog.
As I sip one of my favourites (a decaf Americano) at one of my favourites (the Spiral Café), I can’t help but realize how nice
it is to reflect on the months gone by.
Summer was such a rich, special time, and looking through our pictures
has made me feel joyful and thankful. We
endured some lengthy plane rides, coped with some serious heat and humidity, relaxed in front of a lot of televised Blue Jay games, and
partied at some fantastic weddings.
But the highlights of summer – by far – were family-time and
outside-time.
It was such a joy introducing Joseph to our family. Here are some shots of him spending
some time with Uncle Jordan and Uncle Dylan, both of whom are so wonderful and so
ridiculous.
 |
| Joseph Jude and Jordan Jacob |
 |
| Uncle Dylan |
 |
| Do NOT eat my baby. |
I also love this shot of Joseph and Great-Grandpa Cooper: new skin and old skin.
They seemed to enjoy each other’s company.
 |
| Grandpa Cooper |
This is also a good one. Joseph's little cousins couldn't get enough of him!
 |
| Mikaela, Carly, and Jake checking out their new baby cousin. |
As we began anticipating our time out East, I heard Dave say to
Joseph on several occasions, “You think you’re lucky getting to grow up with
this ocean and all these mountains.
But just wait ‘til you see the Great Lakes!” So, you can imagine, taking
Joseph for a dip in Lake Huron was a must-do while we had the chance. And - hurray! - he liked it.
Outside-time not only happened when we were in Ontario, it happened in BC too. Dave and I feel strongly about spending some of our vacation exploring this side of Canada. Some friends recently moved to Kelowna, and that gave us the opportunity to do a little road-trip. Kelowna was amazing. The drive there and back was amazing. Here's proof:
 |
We
stopped at this lovely spot just passed Princeton on HWY 3. This is Dave looking for appropriate rock-skipping materials. For him, there
is no point in being by the water unless you can skip rocks.
|
 |
| A kind stranger offered to take a family photo. Of course we obliged. |
 |
| We were so close to our destination, but Joseph had had enough. I like breastfeeding, but I REALLY like breastfeeding when I have the Okanagan Lake to keep me company. |
 |
| In Kelowna! Fresh peaches! Picked DIRECTLY FROM THE TREE! I may be a bit of local food nerd, but this was equivalent to a dream come-true. |
 |
| More swimming, this time from one of Kelowna's local beaches. Good catch, Dave! |
 |
| So much fun makes us so tired! |
 |
| Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park, a stop we made on our way home. |
 |
| Joseph, enjoying the view, but hanging on tight! |
 |
| On the ferry, which is the last part of every road-trip for Islanders. I love it every time. |
*Contented sigh*
*Long sip of coffee*
Thank you, Lord, for my wonderful family. Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful world. And thank you, Lord, for a wonderful summer.
It was fun journeying with you through your pictures and stories. We were also glad to be a part of this story, especially meeting Joseph for the first time and having lots of cuddles with him. He's a keeper!
ReplyDeleteGrandma and Opa Salverda